How do I report an accident or near-miss at work?
• Report the incident IMMEDIATELY to a Manager or First Aider.
• A qualified First Aider will provide appropriate medical assistance.
– The First Aider should call 999 for very serious accidents or 111 for medical advice if it is a non-
• All ‘accidents’ must be recorded in the Accident Book – this is kept in the office area, ask your Manager or First
• All ‘near-misses’ must be recorded on QMF 43 Near Miss Incident Form – request this form from your
• The completed accident record or Near Miss Incident Form must be handed to a Manager or First Aider.
• The Manager or First Aider must scan a copy of the Accident Book record to Debbie Goy –